Judgment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obama crushes McCain

3 posters

Go down

Obama crushes McCain Empty Obama crushes McCain

Post  Lucifurr Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:51 am

Well for those of you that watched last nights election we all got to witness history in the making. I voted for Obama and I'm so glad that Obama won. I did feel he was gonna win anyways. Unfortunately the state that I call home West Virginia did not vote overall for Obama, but I also knew that was gonna happen as well. My state is one of the dumbest voting states in the country. What can you expect from a bunch of dumb rednecks.

On another topic it's good to see this country can set it's racial differences aside and vote for who's gonna fix this country, which I do believe Obama can and will do. I myself am not racist, but I do feel racism is still high in this country. Last night was definitely a step in the right direction however.

Thanks to those that voted for Obama,

Lucifurr

Lucifurr

Back to top Go down

Obama crushes McCain Empty Re: Obama crushes McCain

Post  Azmodian Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:27 am

I didnt vote for Obama, but I dont believe alot of the stupid shit said about him either IE (Muslim Terrorist, Not born in US, etc). I didnt vote for him because I didnt agree with more of his policies than I did with McCain.

Mostly on energy, and his agenda to basicly cause Coal burning factories to basicly go bankrupt. I honestly hope I am wrong on this, as if that happens we will have to rely on either Nuclear power or.....windmills. ( I might be mistaken on this, but I think Obama is against Nuclear power? ) Which will result in a higher energy cost, so high gas prices + high electricity prices = economic downfall. Especially if you have to choose between heating your house, or keeping that TV or lamp on.

I'm also not too fond of what he has planned for Taxes. (again I hope I am wrong on the following, and It also depends how heavily the taxes are) If corporations are taxed so heavily to operate and keep jobs in the U.S they will send them overseas,(they are in business to make money, and will operate in an area where they can get the most revenue without being subject to high costs, for those who dont know already Revenue = Money earned before taking expenses into account. Revenue - expenses = profit) as we will not risk breaking trade agreements with other countries, their goods will still be sold in the U.S, not hurting their profit margin but in turn increasing unemployment as our jobs will be sent a lower wage country with lower cost of expense. High unemployment + High Energy Costs + Steady Increase in Food prices...you get where I'm going with this.

Also not to say McCain would have been the "savior" either, as some of his policies werent that great as well. I don't agree with people judging him based on Bush. Congress is to blame as much as Bush is to blame, he just happens to be the figure head of the country for the last 8 years. (Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure we had a mostly Democratic Congress for the last 6 years)

I do believe race had a bigger factor in this than you might think, SOME widely used media (think it was CNN) that basicly said if you dont vote for Obama your a racist. SOME Blacks will have voted based on Race, of course it works both ways, some stupid rednecks will have done the same shit. Its unfortunate we will probably never truely get away from it. I've heard a couple Blacks even ask publicly and in the same breath without hesitation, "Wohoo! we have a black president now! When will I see my reperation money?" (Im sure it only accounts for probably 1% of Blacks that voted for Obama that said anywhere near the same thing). Heres an article http://www.theroot.com/id/48731

an add on, posted by someone from the link, no idea how much merit it has, but here you go

"Right on. You are correct the Howard Stern show sent a black reporter into Harlem and asked blacks who they were votin for. All of them said Obama. The reporter then asked what they thought of his running mate Governor Palin. They thought he was great and were confident he could step in if something were to happen to Obama. The reporter then asked what they thought of Obama's policies but substitued McCain's policies instead. They thought all the policies were fine and approved. This proved some blacks were voting for Obama purely because he is supposedly black."

But a little foot note, all of this is speculation, and is only an educated guess based on the information provide and holds no complete factual basis. Like saying either candidate will make a great president its speculation. Anyway these are my views, take them with a grain of salt if you wish. We'll see where it goes from here, up or down He is going to be our President and I will support him as such.
Azmodian
Azmodian
Admin

https://judgment.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Trottingcock Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:12 pm

yeah if i could have voted(1 MOAR year) it would have been for obama. Even though i may seem racist and always crack ****** jokes and all that shit, im not. i love black people

Trottingcock

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum