Judgment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars MMO

3 posters

Go down

Star Wars MMO Empty Star Wars MMO

Post  Doug Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:43 pm

Doug

Back to top Go down

Star Wars MMO Empty Re: Star Wars MMO

Post  Azmodian Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:08 am

I just really hope they dont screw it up, as the star wars fan base isnt that easy to please, but I think Bioware can do it. Its the next MMO im going to play, Definately signing up for that beta too.
Azmodian
Azmodian
Admin

https://judgment.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucifurr Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:30 pm

I got a lot of faith in Bioware and they have a very high reputation, so I wouldnt be surprised either if they make this something worth playing. I mean something worth playing other than WoW and Warhammer. BTW just a little piece of info. Warhammer is now up 1,000,000 subscribers.

Lucifurr

Back to top Go down

Post  Azmodian Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:21 pm

Star Wars: The Old Republic combat to be choreographed
Sean Ridgeley - Monday, November 10th, 2008 | 12:47PM (EST)

"[We want] combat that looks as though it could be taking place in a Star Wars movie"

Product Mini Profile

Star Wars: The Old Republic
in: Sci Fi RPG (PC)
links »

Interesting word of note about the upcoming Star Wars MMO, The Old Republic: according to BioWare's chief Greg Zeschuk, the combat will be a heck of a lot more realistic than in the Knights of the Old Republic (KOTOR) games. Not that it wasn't pretty realistic anyway, but this time it's been built from the ground up to be on par with the Star Wars films.

“If you recall some very specific things from the gameplay video, it was choreographed," he says. "One big difference, especially against the MMO space, is that typically everyone swings through each other. That’s the way it’s been done. It doesn’t look great for Star Wars."

“Star Wars is choreographed, it’s elegant; it’s big, powerful moves and lightning bolts flashing, but in a way that makes sense visually and aesthetically. One of the goals we have is to create this choreographed type of combat that looks as though it could be taking place in a Star Wars movie.”

A new gameplay shown was reportedly devoid of the usual repeated fighting animation MMO gamers have come to expect -- swords now hit each other and the opponent's actions are affected by other parties in the fight, and things like that. Seems a little odd the combat has gotten very realistic but the graphical style of the game seems to have gotten, for lack of a better word, "cartoonish"...

It's not clear how smoothly this new system will work in an online environment, but presumably, BioWare knows what they're doing, them being BioWare and all.

No release date is set for the game as of yet.

source : http://www.neoseeker.com/news/9185-star-wars-the-old-republic-combat-to-be-choreographed/
Azmodian
Azmodian
Admin

https://judgment.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down