Judgment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey guys, a little bit on Wrath

+5
Thogret
Shaded
Talliman
Azmodian
Adam
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hey guys, a little bit on Wrath Empty Hey guys, a little bit on Wrath

Post  Adam Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:38 pm

This is "Duessa," just using my real name because I'm tired of using a fake defunct one. My paladin currently is just using my warlock's name, but I'm prolly gonna rename her Fairyfury when/if I transfer to Andorhal.

I've had the good fortune to try beta (not the scam, a kind friend who doesn't play it let me in) and I must say the new DK class is pretty cool. You're on a rune-system, you have 2 blood runes, 2 frost runes, and 2 unholy runes. Abilities costs runes, for example 1 blood, or 1 frost and 1 unholy, and it takes a few seconds for runes to "refresh" or reactivate", so you can't just spam one button like a TBC warlock or mage. Other abilities cost runic power, which you generate by using your abilities in combat. Death coil is about the only spammy ability a DK has, because you use it as a runic power dump - but that means you can only do 2 or 3 dc's in a row. You also have to keep up diseases to maximize your damage, which means using abilities into which you prolly aren't specced. So the class is really cool, it seems all about compromise, i.e. managing your cd's, finding the best rotation to weave in abilities that are your big nukes (and DK is not really a nuke class at all, we just have good survivability and steady damage), not severely streamlined optimization. And you get a lot of cool abilities, like death grip (yeah, it's really cool, since you can icy touch a caster from range and then pull him to you to interrupt his cast). Furthermore you can dual-wield and right now it's not clear which tree is best for tanking, there's so much room for variation and interpretation. I'm seriously thinking right now, actually, that if you're not gonna try DK in xpac, then you'll just be wasting months of your time. I healed a heroic on a premade 80 paladin the other day and honestly it was a joke, even with the crap pvp gear. There's all this talk about Beacon of Light as the new aoe ability, but what really made the difference (especially because I didn't bother speccing Beacon) was the 6 sec CD on holy shock, our instant heal. Anyway, just something to think about if you're wavering. Cheers.

Adam

Back to top Go down

Hey guys, a little bit on Wrath Empty Re: Hey guys, a little bit on Wrath

Post  Azmodian Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:46 pm

That sounds pretty cool, I like the thought of having to manage something other than spam shit. Death coil isnt like a spammable fear is it?
Azmodian
Azmodian
Admin

https://judgment.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Adam Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:58 pm

Nope, it just does damage to your enemies, thankfully =) However, it does have cool uses, in that it can Heal your pet ghoul and it can be used to self-heal when you temporarily turn undead with the ability Lichborne (basically a more powerful wotf in PvE, however very dangerous to use against paladins in pvp). But yeah, it just has the same name as the warlock ability, but not the horror effect.

Adam

Back to top Go down

Post  Azmodian Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:09 am

Adam wrote:Nope, it just does damage to your enemies, thankfully =) However, it does have cool uses, in that it can Heal your pet ghoul and it can be used to self-heal when you temporarily turn undead with the ability Lichborne (basically a more powerful wotf in PvE, however very dangerous to use against paladins in pvp). But yeah, it just has the same name as the warlock ability, but not the horror effect.

Yea that would suck, but an ability that could heal would be cool, you wouldnt turn into a heal bot because it isnt spammable so it would be situational.
Azmodian
Azmodian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Talliman Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:04 am

Yeah, i've also had the fortune of being able to play some beta, and honestly i'm not very impressed with shaman as a whole. I did a COT strath a few weeks ago and I just didn't find the damage to be all that great. COT Strath however was pretty fun, and a VERY fast instance, kind of like mixing strath with hyjal as far as mob waves and timers are concerned. I've been taking advantage of recruit a friend a 2 boxing, and i just got a lock to 60 in 2 days played lol, and I think I will hit 70 with her and start wotlk that way. Ether that or my hunter, whichever seems to be easier for solo questing. Do we have a server we're all going to or is it still kind of split?

Talliman

Back to top Go down

Post  Azmodian Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:13 pm

I dont think I'll be playing WoW again, I just got Halo 3, Too Human, Enchanted Arms, Kotor and im getting Rock Band 2 next week along with xbox live, so I'll be playing alot of console games, and WAR on the side probably. It depends on my brother and if they really fix chosen in T3-T4 pvp.
Azmodian
Azmodian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Talliman Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:39 pm

Everything is OP after this patch. Its friggin awesome and hilarious. My lvl 61 lock...the friggin Voidwalker has 9k HP. At lvl 61. ROFL. My shaman is raping face, my hunter has a damn devilsaur for a pet and I've never seen so many warriors dual wielding. Rofls. So fun.

Talliman

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaded Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:26 pm

FAIRYFURY ROFL LULULULULULULULUL

Im dling WoW right now...im still debating whether to roll orc hunter or orc shaman...im gonna try both before making final decision. I still love playing hunters so idk yet. But, im only going to play WoW when im bored and when we do some casual 10 man raids in wrath. Just reserved fable 2 and gears today i cant fucking wait to play Fable tuesday. And with gears coming like 10 days before wrath i will be playing that a lot. BTW DKs are for homos

Shaded

Back to top Go down

Post  Thogret Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:17 pm

ill be the guilds bestest DK evar but uh, who has an account for me?

Thogret

Back to top Go down

Post  Talliman Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:57 am

I have one you can have, only stipulation is if you ever quit you give it back Smile Just email me and i'll get you the info.

Talliman

Back to top Go down

Post  Talliman Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:02 am

guess it would help if I GAVE you my email. Its ulmdodge@hotmail.com

Talliman

Back to top Go down

Post  Eetabeetay Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:47 pm

This is what im gonna make my DK look like http://wotlkwiki.info/up2/pages/dk/skins/orcmale3.jpg. I think i might actually reroll eeta also, instead of buying an account with a lvl 55 or something, unless of course i can find an account for free. But hell yea, someone let me know which server we want to roll on and we can level and cyber and shit together. btw is vent down or is my computer just fucked up, it keeps timing out.

Eetabeetay

Back to top Go down

Post  Azmodian Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:07 pm

I think vent is down. Have to ask Gordy though
Azmodian
Azmodian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaded Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:11 pm

OK
This is from Fallinangell...anyone that wants to play WoTLK with us..Fallin is remaking Judgment on a PvP server we are going to be casual/leveling guild for wrath...Zuluhed is the #1 server right now..im gonna start leveling a hunter there soon, so if anyone is rerolling or w/e, Zuluhed is the server. The top guild in Zuluhed has only killed Illidan so.....we would be number 1 server EZMODE. Ppl that want to come make a list after this post. Hope we get a lot of niggas back here!

Shaded

Back to top Go down

Post  Adam Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:54 pm

Shaded wrote:OK
The top guild in Zuluhed has only killed Illidan so.....we would be number 1 server EZMODE.

That also means that everyone on that server sucks real bad, so pretty much no quality raiders, which means server recruitment is going to be terrible.

Adam

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaded Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:44 pm

thats what i said but fallin says otherwise

Shaded

Back to top Go down

Post  Thogret Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:10 pm

Thogret

Back to top Go down

Post  Adam Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:55 am

well, i'm 99.9% sure i'm going to andorhal, so go there instead =P

let's at least be on the same server.

Adam

Back to top Go down

Post  Talliman Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:55 pm

I don't care, just pick somewhere so I can get the hell off this shitty server. Fucking nub guilds are JUST NOW killing Illidan after his MEGA NERF. It makes me want to tear my fucking eyes out.

Talliman

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaded Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:06 am

I think i found a good server...Anetheron PvP EST. almost dead even 50:50 Horde to Alliance. Also pretty solid guilds are on the server. I would like to get a final realm so i can start lvling Smile Only sucky thing is that it is on Stormstrike battlegroup still but oh well, besides that i think it is the best realm out atm.

http://wowjutsu.com/us/anetheron/
http://www.wowrealmstatus.net/servers/us/anetheron.php

Replys plix

Shaded

Back to top Go down

Post  Thogret Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:08 am

talli check your email, i wont be able to use it soon since im in texas with the construction company im working for. shit i might be here for months now that i got my nuclear job secured with the navy, they told me i wont be leaving til mid summer, no exact date as of yet though, but leaves plenty of time for wow when i get back home Very Happy

Thogret

Back to top Go down

Post  Talliman Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:07 am

K im doing Anetheron. w/e. making two characters right now. Talliman the undead warrior and...antoher toon.

Talliman

Back to top Go down

Post  Thogret Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:01 pm

talli Sad infoz?

Thogret

Back to top Go down

Post  Eetabeetay Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:52 am

so we just gonna play casual or what are the plans - 10 man guild, 25 man guild?

btw: who else can we get a hold of to reform the guild - alx, yack, qwik, and/or ulf and xanah maybe?

Eetabeetay

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaded Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:48 am

yack is playing a DK, wacko, wakunar idk ask fallin

Shaded

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next