Judgment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Left 4 Dead

3 posters

Go down

Left 4 Dead Empty Left 4 Dead

Post  Azmodian Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:47 am

So this game is due out on the 18th. Its a co-op zombie surival FPS. You play as one of 4 survivors, who are trying to escape a city that has been infected by some kind of virus. The zombies are more the 28 days/weeks later type, they are smart, super fast, but die easily.

I played the demo, and all I have to say is wow, the AI is incredible. If you shoot a car and an alarm goes off, like 100 some zombies just come running at you. The whole point of the game is the co-op, protect the other survivors and yourself, as you will need EVERYONE to stay alive. There are some boss zombies, there are 5 types I think.

Smoker - Sufficates survivors with smoke, and has a long tongue to pull a survivor towards them (and usually to a bunch of zombies as well, which is their intention) (fast)

Hunter - Leaps at a survivor and knocks them to the ground and starts ripping at their stomach. Only way to stop it is for another survivor to kill the hunter. (runs fast)

Boomer - If you get close enough, they will vomit on you, obstructing your vison and summoning a bunch of zombies. You wont be able to see shit, so you must rely on your allies. Boomers also explode when they die, so have to stay clear. (runs really slow)

The Tank - Closing that door wont help you, the tank doesnt use doors, he creates them! Usually only 1 or 2 are created per level, they take the whole team to kill, so its best to pick off zombies while avoiding the tank, then everyone focus fires. (very fast)

The witch - They will just sit on the ground and cry in pain. They will only attack if you get too close, continously shine a flashlight on them, or fire at them. They are tough, REAL tough, so best to avoid them.

Ammunition in this game really isnt a problem, you start off with one main weapon of your choice with limited ammunition that can be replenished at certain check points, and an unlimited weapon, usually a pistol. You also can get moltov's or just shoot a gas can and blow it up. Fire works wonders.

I'm definately getting this game, you can play by yourself with SMART AI allies, they will stick close and actually act similar to what a player might do, but this game shines for co-op. So if anyone gets it, hit me up to play.

You can download the demo on live now.
Azmodian
Azmodian
Admin

https://judgment.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Left 4 Dead Empty Re: Left 4 Dead

Post  Shaded Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:38 am

It comes out on my birthday Very Happy ...i have been looking at this game for a long time now, i even reserved it to get an early look at the demo. And it is really fun, but i am probably just gonna rent it, seems like it could be a short game and i bought 3 games in like 2 weeks lol...

Shaded

Back to top Go down

Post  Azmodian Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:14 pm

The main point of the game is the co-op and versus mode over live, single player is alright though
Azmodian
Azmodian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Trottingcock Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:38 pm

Shaded wrote:i even reserved it to get an early look at the demo.

they offered the demo on steam for free to the public lol...

Trottingcock

Back to top Go down

Post  Azmodian Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:08 am

Game is awesome, but hard even on normal its still hard, same with mirrors edge, but that game is boarder line pissing me off, but I guess you would only take like maybe 1 rifle butt to the head before you went down so 2 for her is ok.
Azmodian
Azmodian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down